[hts-users:01986] Re: New HTS-Demo was released

Hello Tadesse,

Are you in Ethiopia? If so, A speech synthesis system is done, for Amharic language Using HMM, in Addiss Ababa University Last year, as Master's  thesis in the Department of Computer Science by Bereket Kasaye. So, it is better if you refer that work. It might help you as a starting point.

Good Luck.

From: Tadesse Anberbir (ታደስ ኣንበርብር) <tadanberbir@xxxxxxxxx>
To: hts-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 7:48:37 AM
Subject: [hts-users:01984] Re: New HTS-Demo was released

Hello,

My name is Tadesse. I am an Ethiopian
working on speech synthesis for Amharic language.
Amharic is the official language of Ethiopia.

I am interested to customize HTS for Amharic language.
But I am not sure how I am going to start the customization processes.
I want to know everything from the scratch
for customizing it for Amharic.

Any one who can help me or interested in Amharic?

Regards,
TAdesse