[hts-users:02002] Adaptation

Hi all,

Reading the README file of HTS2.1RC1 and the mailing list, it seems
that the algorithm used in that last release of HTS is CSMAPLR. To use
it, config file must have TRANSKIND = CMLLR. Is that right?

HTS2.0.1, was it using CMLLR?

Finally, something I don't understand and/or I'm a bit confused. What
kind of transformation is being used, feature or model based? CMLLR is
described in the HTKBook as a feature adaptation, unlike the MLLRMEAN
adaptation that is described as a model adaptation. In some papers
like,

Junichi Yamagishi, Katsumi Ogata, Yuji Nakano, Juri Isogai, Takao
Kobayashi, "HSMM-BASED MODEL ADAPTATION ALGORITHMS FOR
AVERAGE-VOICE-BASED
SPEECH SYNTHESIS", 2006

CMLLR is described as a model adaptation.

In the last paper about SMAPLR,

Junichi Yamagishi, Takao Kobayashi, Yuji Nakano, Katsumi Ogata, and
Juri Isogai, "Analysis of Speaker Adaptation Algorithms for HMM-Based
Speech Synthesis and a  constrained SMAPLR Adaptation Algorithm", IEEE
TRANSACTIONS ON AUDIO, SPEECH, AND LANGUAGE PROCESSING, 2009

is described that the feature adaptation in CMLLR is equivalent to
that of model transforms.

Thank you