[hts-users:02062] Re: Generated speech quality

Hi,

Girish Malkarnenkar wrote:

I am trying to use HTS for German speech synthesis. After running the cmu_arctic speaker dependent demo successfully, I replaced the raw files with my own. However for creating utterance files, I had only .segment files. I used dummy files for the remaining 5 files ie. word,phrase,target,syllable and intevent. I was able to run training.pl after a few modifications. However the final speech is very poor in quality and is almost entirely unvoiced. My doubt is whether the reason it is thus is because of the inadequate labelling leading to insufficient information in the utt files. And if so, then can anyone tell me the format of the remaining 5 files (word,phrase,target,syllable and intevent) and which of them is important for the pronunciation?

Although a lot of members of hts-users and festival mailing lists are overlapped, I think festival's mailing list is more appropriate than hts-users ML to obtain answers of this question.

Note that you should also modify HTS-demo/data/question/question_qst001.hed because it is designed for ARCTIC database and doesn't match your database.

Best regards,

Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)

--
Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)