[hts-users:02336] Re: Questions about brazilian demo

> Nicholas, thanks for you reply,
>
> Yes, i do have "data/labels/full" files, the brazilian's demo has a
> perl script to create it from his own utt file format, different to
> others.
> I got some errors running commands that you told me, but i'll check if
> i'm doing something wrong, cause i'm not so familiar with perl.
> I got this:
>
> String found where operator expected at createmono.pl line 11, near
> "pe 's/ \S*?\-/ /; s/\+.*$//;'"  (Do you need to predeclare pe?)
> syntax error at createmono.pl line 11, near "pe 's/ \S*?\-/ /;
> s/\+.*$//;'"

The mono labels are reduced versions of full labels.
The syntax for a full label is

lefthandside-phonename+righthandside

The syntax for mono label is just

phonename

To derive mono from full, everything up to '-' is removed and everything
after and including '+' is removed.
You can use whatever tool you are familiat with to get that result (perl,
awk, sed, python, c, java...)

We are moving from HTS issues to Perl syntax and competence issues, so no
point to discuss this particular syntax on HTS mailing list.
(Essentially you trying to run (bash) shell commands within a perl
program. "-pe" are two command line options to be passed to the Perl
interpreter, and they of course have no place within a perl program.)

br,
  Nicholas