[hts-users:02347] Re: Questions about brazilian demo

Hi

There is nothing about "dead one" regarding the Brazilian demo. The intention is the best possible. The basic difference between the BP and English demos is that the latter uses Festival utterance files whereas the previous one has its own utterance file format. And that is because the text processor which generated the utterances files for BP is not free and there is nothing we can do about that. Therefore, if you intend to train HTS for a different BP voice you have to produce:

1) monophone label files with time boundaries and place them in data/labels/mono

2) use your own text processor to generate the utterance files and put them in data/utterinfo using the same format (which is not difficult once you have a G2P + a
stress marker + a rough POS tagger).

That should be just fine. But if you intend to wait, we have been negotiating with the HTS maintainer the release of a new version of the BP demo, this one based on
Festival.

Best regards

Ranniery

----------------------------
Ranniery Maia
Speech Technology Group
Toshiba Research Europe LTD
Tel: +44 1223 436974

Luis Uebel wrote:
Oi Carlos,

A pessoa responsável pelo HTS para portugues nunca liberou o código ou maiores explicações de como
fez o  sistema ou qual o T2P que utilizou.
É como os americanos chamam de dead one, ou seja, sem saída. Ele não quer ou não sabe como implementou.

Luís Felipe Uebel

Add other email accounts to Hotmail in 3 easy steps. Find out how. <http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/186394593/direct/01/ >