[hts-users:02351] Re: hts voice output problem

В Птн, 01/01/2010 в 23:51 -0800, Angelina Anderson пишет:
> Hi,
> I've built hts voice.  The output is good but the quality of some
> phones aren't good when i have one word or the word is in the end of
> the sentence. For example "p" is heard like "f" or "ch" is heard "sh".
> I don't know why?

The parameters for the phones are constructed by averaging the examples
from your source database. Thus bad pronunciations are caused by
majority of the examples not following your intentions. Like you might
have few incorrectly labelled "p" in your source database in the end of
the utterance and such mistakes affect the trained parameters.

It's hard to debug such issues, basically you need to check all the
possible sources. It often helps to build a unit selection voice first
and clean it up. In unit selection the source of the sound is easily
trackable and you can find the reason of bad pronunciation faster. Once
your source database is cleaned and all errors are fixed you can rebuild
hts voice and it will have better quality as well.