[hts-users:02419] Re: What is the usage of a cascade of CMLLR transforms?

Hi,

Hui LIANG wrote (2010/03/18 11:29):

I was doing speaker adaptation using CMLLR and trying to involve a cascade of transforms in my experiments. Specifically, I had a set of fixed parent transforms and wanted to update input transforms only. According to my understanding of the HTK Book, I tried to utilize parent transforms in the following way:

The file of my parent transforms:

~a "cmp.cmllrParent"
<ADAPTKIND>TREE
<BASECLASS>~b "dectree_cmp_parent.base"
<XFORMSET>
<XFORMKIND>CMLLR
<NUMXFORMS> 125
<LINXFORM> 1

The file of my input transforms:

~a "spkr.cmp.cmllr0"
<ADAPTKIND>TREE
<BASECLASS>~b "dectree_cmp.base"
<PARENTXFORM> ~a "cmp.cmllrParent"
<XFORMSET>
<XFORMKIND>CMLLR
<NUMXFORMS> 625

However, in the resulting output transform file of the first iteration, the line with the macro "<PARENTXFORM>" disappeared. I added the line to the output transform file manually so the file finally looked like:

~a "spkr.cmp.cmllr1"
<ADAPTKIND>TREE
<BASECLASS>~b "dectree_cmp.base"
<PARENTXFORM> ~a "cmp.cmllrParent"    # I added this line manually, which was absent from my output transform file.
<XFORMSET>
<XFORMKIND>CMLLR
<NUMXFORMS> 619

Then this modified file was given to HERest as an input transform file for the second iteration.

What I didn't understand is that the likelihoods of adaptation utterances in the second iteration were significantly lower than those in the first iteration. So I suspect whether I was utilizing parent transforms in a correct way. (I had also tried the "-E" and "-W" switches of HERest but they seemed to work only for updating model parameters during speaker adaptive training.)

Please show us the command line which you used to estimate CMLLR transforms with parent transforms, etc. Otherwise we cannot say whether you run it correctly or not.

Regards,

Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)

--
Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)