[hts-users:02431] bad quality in utt with one word

Hi,
I've developed hts database with 1235 utts.The result is not bad but my question is that Why is my result quality in utt with "one word" weaker than utt with "more than one word"? Forexample if I use the word itself without any other word ,my result quality is bad but when I use the same word with the other word,its duration become close to acual size. It seems utt duration with one word is shorter than the actual size.I have the following utts in my hts training database.
515 utt between 8 to 13 word,
420 utt with 2 to 4 word,
300 utt with one word.
Can you tell me what's wrong in my database?