[hts-users:02512] Blizzard Challenge 2010 Listening test now online

Here is the announcement about Blizzard Challenge listening test:

--------------------------
I'm pleased to announce that the listening tests for the Blizzard
Challenge 2010 are now running. The Blizzard Challenge is an
annual open speech synthesis evaluation in which participants
build voices using common data, and a large listening test is
used to compare them.  Participants include some of the leading
commercial and academic research groups in the field.

I would appreciate your help in getting as many listeners to
participate as possible, by forwarding this message on to other
lists, colleagues, students, and of course taking part yourself.

The listening test should take 30-60 minutes to complete, and can
be done in stages if you wish. You do not need to be a native
speaker of the language in order to take part. There are 4
different start pages for the listening test, as follows:

For English:

 Speech Experts:
http://groups.inf.ed.ac.uk/blizzard/blizzard2010/english/register-ES.html

 Volunteers: http://groups.inf.ed.ac.uk/blizzard/blizzard2010/english/register-ER.html

For Chinese:

 Speech Experts:
http://groups.inf.ed.ac.uk/blizzard/blizzard2010/mandarin/register-MS.html

 Volunteers: http://groups.inf.ed.ac.uk/blizzard/blizzard2010/mandarin/register-MR.html

Whether you consider yourself a 'speech expert' is left to your
own judgement.

Remember - you don't have to be a native speaker to take part.

Simon