[hts-users:02534] Frame shift has to be small enough

Hi,
I tested the STRAIGHT  hts-demo (hts_2.1.1) with my database. my wave file sample rate is 16000 Hz and every things are right.
just i have a message when the wave file are processed.

Temporal smoothing will be disabled

Is this a critical message? should i change my frame shift variable to smaller than 1 ms?

Thanks
-Ali