[hts-users:02610] HMGenS generates NaN values

Hi,

I am a PhD student at Politehnica University of Bucharest, working on
improving the naturalness of HMM synthetic speech. I am using the
HTS+STRAIGHT demo as a base system. I am experimenting with adding
information on the prosody, and improving the parametrization of the AP
coefficients.

For the prosody model, I added four additional streams, and one more
for the new parametrization of AP. I have kept all the other streams,
as I need them to generate the base utterances. So I have 10 streams. I
had to modify SMAX in HShell.h, and also some code in HMGenS, where it
checks that the square braces are closed after the stream number, to
account for multidigit numbers. It seems to work fine, but I get NaN
values in some streams.

mgc: OK
lf0: OK
bap: OK
Prosody 1: OK
Prosody 2: NaN
Prosody 3: NaN
Prosody 4: NaN
newAP: OK

I have converted the clustered.mmf and re_clustered.mmf to ASCII form
and looked for NaN values, but I couldn't find any, although in the
binary form, when I check them using the nan utility, it shows that
they contain NaN values. In binary form, all MMFs, except for
monophone.mmf, appear to contain NaN values. I thought that this could
be dew to some data shifting caused by the header. Also, none of the
cmp files doesn't contain NaN.

Do you have any idea where the NaN values' source may be? I have also
run the demo with only Prosody 1 and newAP, and it worked fine,
producing exactly what I was expecting. I haven't checked, but I guess
it still does.

Regards,

Marius Cotescu