[hts-users:02667] Re: hts_engine and HMGenS output diffrences

yes, I mean the engine GV option.
If the pdf and tree are converted from the mmf file without any change, and the param.gen. algorithms are the same, I think you might get a satisfied result.
If your model dont have any sil or pau, there wont be any non-speech frames in your gen. voice. In engine, GV will be calculated through the whole utt including sil and pau. I am not familiar with the festival+engine framework so I couldnt say.

--
Na Xingyu
Beijing Institute of Technology