[hts-users:02906] A new Spanish HTS Voice under the modified BSD license

Hi all,

Thanks to the cooperation of

  Roberto Barra Chicote (Universidad Politecnica de Madrid) and
  Antonio Bonafonte (Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya)

I was able to create a new Spanish HTS voice under the modified BSD license fortunately.

They kindly agreed to to provide front-end modules and a speech database
under the simplified BSD license, respectively.

I created the HTS voice and started to distribute the voice on my webpage.
http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/jyamagis/release/SpanishHTSVoice-ver0.8.tar.gz

This tarball includes everything required such as Festival, Speech_tools ver 2.1, and
updated hts_engine_API and you can simply compile them (under linux or mac) as follows:

% tar xvfz SpanishHTSVoice-ver0.8.tar.gz
% cd SpanishHTSVoice-ver0.8
% nohup sh do_build

and then you can test the system as follows

% build/festival/bin/festival runvoice-spanish.scm

For your information, the name of voice is (voice_cstr_upc_upm_spanish_hts)

If you want to have a Windows pre-compiled binary, this could work
http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/jyamagis/software/page54/page54.html

Have fun!

Regards,
Dr. Junichi Yamagishi
Centre for Speech Technology Research
University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.