[hts-users:02948] Invitation for registration for Interspeech2011 Student event

Dear Student,

One of the biggest yearly event in the speech community is approaching - Interspeech 2011 is in less than 2 months.

Once you have decided to come to Florence, it is great to use all the opportunities a conference of this level has to offer!

ISCA Student Advisory Committee is happy to announce that this year, thanks to the generous support of the Interspeech 2011 Organizing Committee and ISCA Board, we are organizing a special event for students that gives you the possibility to get in touch with prominent researchers in your area and discuss your interest and research with people whose work is well-known, established and inspiring to all of us! This event will be accompanied with Italian delicacies as well.

This event is a great opportunity and an informal setting to meet peer researchers and experts in your field.

We are very happy to announce the list of researchers attending the event will include:

Prof. Abeer Alwan, UCLA
Prof. Gerard Bailly, GIPSA.
Prof. Peter Birkholz, RWTH Aachen
Prof. Alan Black, CMU.
Prof. Nick Campbell, UCD, Dublin
Prof. Hynek Hermansky, John Hopkins.
Prof. Julia Hirchberg, Columbia, NY.
Prof. Tokuda Keiichi, NIT, Nagoya
Prof. Helen Meng, Hong Kong
Prof. John Ohala, Berkeley
Prof. Elizabeth Shriberg, Microsoft
Prof. Steve Young, Cambridge
and more…

The Interspeech 2011 Student Roundtable Lunch Discussion will take
place on the second day of Interspeech, Monday, August 29th, from
12:00 to 13:30, on the first floor of the “Pala Affari” building.
The number of tables and places is limited so hurry and sign up as soon as possible.

To do so please click on the link - http://isca-students.org/?q=is2011event.

After the registration, students will be grouped in tables of 10 depending on their research interest, and accompanied by an Italian host researcher and an international researcher.

A light lunch buffet will be provided.

We look forward to welcoming you to Florence in August, 2011!

Best regards,
ISCA Student Advisory Committee