[hts-users:02980] diagonalization of covariance matrices

Hello,

Could anyone confirm that when converting a model adapted by CMLLR transforms into an HTS engine, the resulting speaker-specific, full covariance matrices are diagonalized by HTS?

If so, I wonder whether there is any paper comparing the performance of synthesis with the original full covariance matrices and diagonalized ones? I am curious about the performance gap between the two cases.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,
Hui LIANG