[hts-users:03041] Loop resulted in circular move

Hi All

I'm using HTK 3.4.1 for handwriting recognition. I have successfully used it in the past for a small dataset though I'm having problems with a larger dataset. The training of the HMM works fine but I'm getting the following error during recognition:

HVite -A -T 1 -o ST -p -17 -s 50 -H hmm/hmm_16/Macros_hmm -l ’*’ -i res16.mlf -w NET DICT HMMList -S test.list
Read 962 physical / 962 logical HMMs
Read lattice with 3935 nodes / 11797 arcs
Created network with 42559 nodes / 58285 links
File: corpus-lloyd/10/feat/martibunke/A2_1_85_06917-line3.fea
ERROR [+8521]  MoveToRecent: Loop resulted in circular move
FATAL ERROR - Terminating program HVite

I understand from the HTK book that this error is related to an invalid network structure. HParse works fine in building my word network and I'm not aware of any 'tee' words in my network.

Could anyone advise me on what I could look for to determine what is causing this network error or where I could go to find more information.

Thanks
Kyle

--
Kyle Williams
Email: kwilliams (at) cs (dot) uct (dot) ac (dot) za