[hts-users:03110] Re: Issue in hts synthesized alice samples

Hacky solution proposals coming up:

1) If your language uses a trilled /r/, you might have issues with
voiced/voiceless boundries. You could try to make the all voiced at least
when surrounded by voiced phones. (Example context: /ara/.)

2) The default number of states (5) is sufficient for a single tap, but it
really can not handle a situation where the tongue hits the alveolar wall,
say, 3 times. There's just too much happening to be descriobed within 5
states. If there are multiple trills in your languge you could try to use
/arra/ for /ara/.

There are pros and cons for both of these tactics.
Solution 2 requires a new voice model to be built to work properly,
but you can test it to some degree with the old model as well.

br,
  Nicholas