[hts-users:03123] Call for participation in the Eighth Blizzard Challenge - 2012

Dear all,

I'm delighted to formally announce the call for participation in Phase Two of the Blizzard Challenge 2012. You can read all about this challenge, which is based on audiobook data, here:

http://www.synsig.org/index.php/Blizzard_Challenge_2012

This time around, we have a new type of challenge. In addition to the synthesis challenge, there is also an evaluation challenge. We do hope many of you will consider entering this task, where the aim is to devise a suitable form of evaluation for audiobook speech ynthesis.

You can enter the synthesis challenge, or the evaluation challenge, or both.

regards,
Simon

on behalf of the organisers: Simon King, Alan W Black and Keiichi Tokuda

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.