[hts-users:03325] Re: About the prototype definition of the MSD-HMM

Hi, Kwan Lisa,

   When we talk about frequency feature, we notice that frequency
feature is composed of 1 dimensional continuous value corresponding to
voiced region and 0 dimensional symbol corresponding to unvoiced
region, so frequency feature is modeled by multi-space probability
distribution (MSD), not by 1 dimensional distribution.
   You may further ask why not putting MSD stream 2-4 into a single
stream. I think it is impossible, because there are 2 mixtures in
stream 2(also in stream 3 and 4), the 2 mixture weights corresponding
to the 1 dimensional space and 0 dimensional space are summed to 1, so
when you put MSD stream 2-4 into a single stream, it is a problem how
to assign mixture weight mathematically correct. A direct solution is
to split stream 2-4 into 3 streams, which is as you see in HTS-Demo
implementation.

YangWang