[hts-users:03375] CMU ARCTIC voices (other than SLT) for flite_hts_engine
- Subject: [hts-users:03375] CMU ARCTIC voices (other than SLT) for flite_hts_engine
- From: Jason Livingston <jettoblack@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 14:21:37 -0400
- Delivered-to: hts-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=ciGsgYpxcCCQ0saV1H6vves2lEcRHABMespl0QvmXYU=; b=q2QZIG5V5goDHTwyGhnOiLdDceVUhRX1u1a2XoyGQ983owWJwyXJ13U/1Q1hWyicwT YaFc0oyOWlO8kv3OP6fILNuqAuoAgk6LbkAu32Cdeazh0j3LmYKee6nOnTvMbYUZExO2 UuLtlVXGEbLc12I/byMWRZk+1eW7NCHYcMFwchJhD5Xg9+/oXuMExtlCz1gW5WvSoLJu 1gwQE957i0wqT1baxIPifq845pq5oPWt1yXcComyFp70ypR3fENI15Ro/CisfPwTJ8EG 1EucAGiYNvWdZ6TwHbRB/bCxsQ9nyFyNEfpsqUtfQ14pKcqwb2FdUiQE+xEZAw7ne14x jwyg==
I'm using flite_hts_engine 1.03 and it works well with the pre-built
SLT voice files downloaded from:
I couldn't find the other CMU ARCTIC voices like BDL, RMS, etc.
pre-built for flite_hts_engine. If someone has these available,
please let me know.
I tried to build them using HTS-demo_CMU-ARCTIC-ADAPT. I installed
the required versions of each software package as listed in the
Here is the config I used for RMS:
TRAINSPKR='bdl clb jmk slt' F0_RANGES='bdl 40 210 clb 130 260 jmk 50
180 slt 110 280 rms 40 200'
After running ./configure, I had to edit the scripts/Config.pm file and change:
$SOXOPTION = 'w';
$SOXOPTION = '2';
This is because recent versions of sox deprecated the -w option and
changed it to '-2' or '-b 16' for 16-bit audio samples. However I
don't know if the resulting output from the newer sox is different
from the old sox with the -w option.
After running 2-3 days, the voice files were built successfully.
However when I used them in flite_hts_engine, the resulting speech is
very high pitch and fast.
You can download the resulting model here:
The flite_hts_engine command I used is:
echo "Hello this is a test." | ./flite_hts_engine -s 48000 -p 240 -a
0.55 -td rms/tree-dur.inf -tm rms/tree-mgc.inf -tf rms/tree-lf0.inf
-md rms/dur.pdf -mm rms/mgc.pdf -mf rms/lf0.pdf -dm rms/mgc.win1 -dm
rms/mgc.win2 -dm rms/mgc.win3 -df rms/lf0.win1 -df rms/lf0.win2 -df
rms/lf0.win3 -em rms/tree-gv-mgc.inf -ef rms/tree-gv-lf0.inf -cm
rms/gv-mgc.pdf -cf rms/gv-lf0.pdf -k rms/gv-switch.inf -o "test.wav"
This is the same command that works fine with the pre-built SLT voice.
Did I make a mistake in my configure or flite_hts_engine options?
Does anyone have any suggestions?
- [hts-users:03376] Re: CMU ARCTIC voices (other than SLT) for flite_hts_engine, Keiichiro Oura