[hts-users:03422] Fwd: [synsig] Job: Research Fellow in speech synthesis, CSTR, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Subject: [hts-users:03422] Fwd: [synsig] Job: Research Fellow in speech synthesis, CSTR, University of Edinburgh, UK
- From: Keiichi Tokuda <tokuda@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 01:47:11 +0900
- Cc: Keiichi Tokuda <tokuda@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Delivered-to: hts-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:from:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:to:cc:content-type; bh=RyN/FpKUESZ0xfFgcx3QMkZa9+pcfrlua1q1lquxv14=; b=qpsTe5VQsflS2agpzx4jMjrB24lsShXjV5AxJJVoup1eAtbKbyzG5/h3KgdRVh6Lir FsJ90OfYsJmNU30yA/0OyGyPofXVjvFt19I6nfPkdgEz0han31FeBwjKUTSalh4xOj3g /6GKEtwQ5MqsZDRyNslN0GTXDLOZDjtvcCygGsFEXATmJt2yoSEwtN/7qKGVxv8gnruR 96Jpe3Sbb4Xz90/s+i5NycLQj82popawSdrjEUQtJsLuiMPN/EvZcQ2a1hzTympa+YmS H/Eir+g+40eEU/xhKfSNwQri5APhB72ZXEBK9rZVXsuYnkpLTKo+M8aW5taSC05JXAAw tmLg==
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Simon King <Simon.King@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [synsig] Job: Research Fellow in speech synthesis, CSTR,
University of Edinburgh, UK
To: synsig@xxxxxxxxxxx, festival-talk@xxxxxxxxxxx, salt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
The Centre for Speech Technology Research
A postdoctoral researcher position is available on the FP7 Marie Curie
Initial Training Network "Investigating Speech Perception in Realistic
Environments" (INSPIRE). This network comprises 10 European research
institutes and 7 associated partners, and has the aim of training 13
PhD students and 3 postdoctoral researchers to investigate how people
understand speech in challenging, real-world listening conditions
(e.g., listening in noise, listening under the constraints of hearing
impairment or non-native language use, etc).
The position involves developing and extending our existing techniques
for statistical parametric speech synthesis, creating tools for
psychoacoustic research, and working with other researchers across the
network. These tools will be aimed at investigating human speech
Applicants will have appropriate qualifications and meet the Marie
Curie eligibility rules (see webpage for details). Strong programming
skills are essential, as is some experience of HMM-based speech
synthesis and/or HMM-based automatic speech recognition and some
knowledge of phonetics and/or speech science and/or psychoacoustics.
This post is fixed term for 1 year and salary will be in the range GBP
42,045 - GBP 46,731.
The starting date will be 7th January 2013 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Informal inquiries to Prof Simon King <Simon.King@xxxxxxxx> or Dr
Catherine Mayo <catherin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Apply online: http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/opportunities/
Closing date: 5th November 2012
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.