[hts-users:03477] Re: Question about HTS_lsp2mgc in hts_engine_API-1.06?

Hi,

2012/11/25 ArthurLeo <bin007.zhao@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> it's first step is HTS_lsp2lpc$B!$(B
> second is HTS_mgc2mgc(v, mgc, m, alpha, v->gamma, mgc, m, alpha, v->gamma);
>
>  I can not understand why using the function mgc2mgc$B!)(Bthe lsp2lpc function
> has  transform LSP to lpc$B!$(Bwhy added the mgc2mgc$B!)(Bespecially the parameters
> transformed are same$B!)(B
>
>  As far as I know$B!$(Bmgc2mgc transforms mel-generalized cepstral coefficients;
> mgc2mgc can transform frequency and generalized cepstral ([alpha1$B!"(Bgamma1]
> -$B!U(B[alpha12$B!"(Bgamma2])$B!$(Bbut now the transformed  parameters are same? why?
> mgc2mgc function is necessary?

There are many forms of mel-generalized cepstral coefficients.  For
example, mgcep supports 6 different forms of mel-generalized cepstral
coefficients as output (-o option, please refer to SPTK's reference
manual).  However, mglsadf supports only a particular form of
mel-generalized cepstral coefficients (-o 0 in mgcep); mel-generalized
cepstral coefficients in the LPC form (-o 4 in mgcep if I remember
correctly) is not supported.  Therefore, you need to convert
mel-generalized cepstral coefficients in the LPC form into those can
be used with mglsadf.  HTS_mgc2mgc() performs this conversion.

Regards,

Heiga

--
Heiga ZEN (in Japanese)