[hts-users:03581] HSMMAlign memory requirements

Hello,

I am using HSMMAlign of HTS 2.2 for forced alignment. It works great, except for larger files: when I call HSMMAlign like

HSMMAlign \
   -A \
   -T 2 \
   -C data/ac_sd/dsc/config/general.conf \
   -m hsmmalignments/ac_sd/dsc \
   -I data/ac_sd/dsc/list/full.mlf \
   -H data/ac_sd/dsc/models/1/clustered.cmp.mmf \
   -N data/ac_sd/dsc/models/1/clustered.dur.mmf \
   data/ac_sd/dsc/models/1/context.cmp.list \
   data/ac_sd/dsc/models/1/context.dur.list \
   data/ac_sd/dsc/Analysis/obs/dsc_butter_004.cmp

then it fills up all of my 4 GiB of RAM, then also all of my 4 GiB of swap space, and then gets killed by the operating system.

dsc_butter_004.cmp is 1.4 MiB, the original sound file was a bit more than 9 seconds long.

Is there a way to reduce the memory requirements? Maybe the -t parameter? But what exactly is pruned here, and what are adequate values for -t?
Maybe HTS 2.3 beta has some changes in this regard?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Dietmar

Dipl.-Ing. Dietmar Schabus | Researcher
phone +43 1 5052830-48 | fax -99 | schabus@xxxxxx | http://userver.ftw.at/~schabus/

FTW Telecommunications Research Center Vienna
Donau-City-Straße 1/3 | 1220 Vienna | Austria | www.ftw.at