[hts-users:03634] Re: Can we access hts parameters directly from Matlab

Hi,

> 1) Actually I am trying the HTS-demo_CMU-ARCTIC-SLT_
> STRAIGHT version and in one of the reply in hts-users it says that (
> http://hts.sp.nitech.ac.jp/hts-users/spool/2011/msg00322.html ) for STRAIGHT
> demo we have to use HMGenS only and hts_engine doesn’t support the STRAIGHT
> parameters. Is it true?

Yes.

> 2) Once training is done, I will get the trained parameters like mgc.pdf,
> dur.pdf, lf0,pdf,lpf.pdf,gv-lfo.pdf and gv-mgc.pdf. But these parameters are
> not readable format. You know how to use access these parameters from the
> matlab. Because I want to use these parameters for synthesis through matlab
> instead of hts_engine. Is it possible ? if yes how to do it?

5 blocks of head of *.pdf are number of leaf nodes in trees (if NSTATE==5).

% bcut -s 0 -e 4 mgc.pdf | x2x +ia

Remaining blocks are mean & variance of mel-cepstrum coefficients
include delta, delta-delta.

% bcut -s 5 mgc.pdf | x2x +fa35

The order of blocks is the same as the leaf index in tree-mgc.inf.

Regards,
Keiichiro Oura