[hts-users:03926] Re: I have a question about acceleration coefficients.

Hi Hea,

Yes, typically an HTS system (e.g. the HTS demo) uses the window coefficients (up to an arbitrary scale factor):

-1 0 1 (delta)
1 -2 1 (delta-delta)

where the centre coefficient is the one for the current frame. I believe the HTK default is to use the window coefficients (up to an arbitrary scale factor):

-2 -1 0 1 2 (delta)
4 4 1 -4 -10 -4 1 4 4 (delta-delta)

Presumably the HTS-style window coefficients were adopted for synthesis because they were found to give better synthesis performance. In informal experiments I've conducted in the past the HTS-style coefficients did result in clearer-sounding speech, and had a bit better MCD score and *much* better predictive log probabilities than the HTK-style coefficients.

Matt