[hts-users:04010] Re: HMM parameters vs quality

Hi Karthik,

I have previously investigated the change in TSLP (test set log probability) and MCD (mel cepstral distance) for different numbers of states and MDL clustering thresholds for the autoregressive HMM:

http://mi.eng.cam.ac.uk/~sms46/papers/shannon2013autoregressive.pdf

but not for the standard HMM synthesis framework, I'm afraid. I can say that for the standard HMM synthesis framework, using an MDL clustering threshold lower than the default value of 1.0 gives a better MCD score.

Thanks,

Matt