[hts-users:04014] Fwd: Announcing the Blizzard Challenge 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kishore Prahallad <kishore@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 6:29 AM
Subject: Announcing the Blizzard Challenge 2014
To: blizzard-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxx, synsig@xxxxxxxxxxx, hts-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, festival-talk@xxxxxxxxxxx

We are delighted to call for participation in the Blizzard Challenge 2014. This is an open evaluation of corpus-based speech synthesis systems using common datasets and a large listening test.

This year  we uses datasets from six Indian languages: Assamese, Gujarati, Hindi, Rajasthani, Tamil and Telugu, recorded by professional speakers in high quality studio environments to build monolingual and multilingual synthesis systems. These speech databases are provided by the group of institutions: IIIT Hyderabad, IIT Madras, DAIICT, SSN College of Engineering, IIT Mandi and IIT Guwahati.

Please download the full Call for Participation from
http://www.synsig.org/index.php/Blizzard_Challenge_2014

Registration is open now, and data is released on Feb 15, 2014.

Best Regards,
Kishore Prahallad

on behalf of the committee: Kishore Prahallad, Hema A. Murthy, Simon King, Alan W. Black, Keiichi Tokuda

Best Regards,
Dr. Kishore Prahallad, Associate Professor, IIIT-Hyderabad, Gachibowli, India.