[hts-users:04077] CreateInsts: Unknown label

Hello,

We are training a voice using about 4.5 hours of data from 3 different speakers, labeled with the default Festival English frontend.  When we do SAT training (by dropping our own data into HTS-demo_CMU-ARCTIC-ADAPT), it fails at step ERST1 with the following error:

 Processing Data: f1a_0001.cmp; Label f1a_0001.lab
  ERROR [+7321]  CreateInsts: Unknown label pau
 FATAL ERROR - Terminating program /proj/speech/tools/HTS/htk/bin/HERest

We also tried training a voice without SAT (by dropping the same data, all 3 speakers together, into HTS-demo_CMU-ARCTIC-SLT) and this error does not occur in that case.

We've checked the monophone.mmf, mono.list, and full.list files and 'pau' is present in all of them.  Any idea why this error might be occurring?

Thanks,
Erica