[hts-users:04210] Re: endianness

there is a tool called swab in SPTK, which can convert byte order between little endian  and big endian.

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 9:34 AM, Matt Shannon <sms46@cam.ac.uk> wrote:
Hi Xingyu,

The failures I'm talking about would happen when converting between audio data and speech parameters rather than at the modelling stage. For example in data/Makefile.in several times x2x is called on the raw audio data, which will produce nonsensical results on a big endian machine if I'm right about SPTK using native endian by default.  Also in scripts/Training.pl, raw2wav would fail to produce a valid wav file when not using STRAIGHT (since wav files should always be little endian but raw2wav does no conversion unless you explicitly tell it to) or MATLAB would fail to read in a valid spectrum if using STRAIGHT (since "ieee-le" is explicitly specified).  I presume support for big endian machines has just been dropped and that seems reasonable enough, but I just wanted to check!

Matt