[hts-users:04226] Call for participation in the Blizzard Challenge 2015

We are delighted to call for participation in the Blizzard Challenge 2015. This is an open evaluation of corpus-based speech synthesis systems using common datasets and a large listening test.

This year for the main task we have a a variety of Indian Languages, some of which featured in 2014 and others that are new to the Challenge. We are also introducing the pilot task for next year’s Challenge, which involves children’s audiobooks in British English.

Please read the full announcement and the rules at

http://www.synsig.org/index.php/Blizzard_Challenge_2015

We are aiming to release the data on 23rd February 2015, so please register as soon as possible, following the instructions on the web page, then complete the data license(s).

Important: please send all communications about Blizzard to the official address <blizzard@festvox.org> and not to our personal addresses.

regards,
Simon King

on behalf of the committee: Alan W. Black, Simon King, Keiichi Tokuda and Kishore Prahallad

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.