[hts-users:04387] Building Chinese voices using HTS

Hi,

I worked on ASR for many years, but recently we need to build Chinese voices.

I have successfully run the HTS demo for English. I found that HTS actually calls the festvox to convert *.txt files to *.utt files. If I am right, festvox makes use of cmu English dictionary to do this.

My question is, if I have Chinese waves, labels, and dictionary, how can I make festvox convert my *.txt to *.utt ? Or is there tutorial on how to set up new languages using HTS?

Another concern is, do I need to add questions on tones for the Chinese decision tree since it is a toning language?

I know these are old questions, but I can't find answer from the history threads (forgive my poor experience on TTS). Hope you can help me.

Thanks a lot.

Best wishes,
D. Chen