[hts-users:04392] synthesis with STRAIGHT

Hi,

We've started using STRAIGHT for synthesis, and we've found that for our data, it sounds worse than synthesis with hts-engine, despite the STRAIGHT SLT demo voice sounding very nice.  We are using the exact same data with both STRAIGHT and hts-engine synthesis, but the STRAIGHT-synthesized utterances sound 'hoarse.'  1mix, 2mix, and stc are all not so good.  I was wondering whether there is any advice for which parameters might be changed to solve this.

original hts-engine voice:  http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~ecooper/audio/eng_alice01.wav
STRAIGHT 1mix:  http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~ecooper/audio/1mix_alice01.wav
STRAIGHT 2mix:  http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~ecooper/audio/2mix_alice01.wav
STRAIGHT stc:   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~ecooper/audio/stc_alice01.wav