[hts-users:04400] Re: synthesis with STRAIGHT

Hi,

The corpus we are training on is from 3 different speakers and we have
LOWERF0 and UPPERF0 set to 110 and 280 respectively, same as in the SLT
demo, for all speakers, for both STRAIGHT and hts-engine.

Whethe ror not this is actually the issue, you should see a quality improvement by tuning these parameters. This is the input to the F0 extractor which will assume anything outwith this range is wrong. Try and analyse your speakers individually by extracting F0 from a large number of utterances using a wide F0 range, then narrow it down until it seems right.

Are there any
other parameters to change, in particular for voiced/unvoiced?

I'm not entirely sure if using straight. But if not using straight and you use SPTK as is the default then in the SPTK/bin folder you should be able to find the pitch.c file where you can see the options, -T for RAPT and -t for SWIPE.

These options should be passed on line 117 in the makefile of the data folder in HTS-demo.

- Rasmus

Quoting Erica Cooper <ecooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on Mon, 28 Mar 2016 13:18:45 -0400:

Thanks, all, for the helpful replies!

The hts-engine sample was trained using hts-2.2.  The STRAIGHT samples were
trained using hts-2.3 and STRAIGHT V40.  When I say we are using the same
data for both, I just mean the same corpus -- the STRAIGHT training
includes the 'bap' features.

The corpus we are training on is from 3 different speakers and we have
LOWERF0 and UPPERF0 set to 110 and 280 respectively, same as in the SLT
demo, for all speakers, for both STRAIGHT and hts-engine.  It sounds like
most likely these ought to be changed, which I will try.  Are there any
other parameters to change, in particular for voiced/unvoiced?  I checked
both data/Makefile and scripts/Config.pm and didn't see anything that
looked relevant.

Best,
Erica