[hts-users:04410] Fwd: Call for participation: 9th ISCA Speech Synthesis Workshop (SSW9)

Dear All,

Please find below call for participation on 9th SSW9. We are glad to announce the updated webpage, and would soon be releasing the paper acceptance details (apologizes for the unintended delay). The registration process will begin within 48 hours (or earlier) of this announcement. Please plan your travels, and we look forward to see you all in SSW9 in Silicon Valley.

9th ISCA Speech Synthesis Workshop (SSW9)
Plug and Play Tech Center, 440 N Wolfe Rd, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
Sep 13-15, 2016, http://ssw9.net

The ninth ISCA Tutorial and Research Workshop (ITRW) on speech synthesis  will bring together researchers in all areas of speech synthesis. This is the 9th such workshop on this theme, and the intention is to carry on the successful traditions of the previous ones. Papers involving any aspect of speech synthesis are encouraged, especially in the areas of:

  • Grapheme-to-phoneme conversion for synthesis, pronunciation issues
  • Text processing for speech synthesis (text normalization, syntactic and semantic analysis)
  • Segmental-level and/or concatenative synthesis
  • Signal processing/statistical model for synthesis
  • Speech synthesis paradigms and methods: articulatory, concatenative and parametric statistic (including deep learning)
  • Prosody modeling and generation
  • _expression_, emotion and personality generation
  • Voice conversion and modification, morphing
  • Concept-to-speech conversion speech synthesis in dialog systems
  • Avatars and talking faces
  • Cross-lingual and multilingual aspects for synthesis
  • Applications of synthesis technologies
  • TTS for embedded devices and computational issues
  • Tools and data for speech synthesis
  • Quality assessment/evaluation metrics in synthesis

The workshop follows on from previous workshops at Barcelona, Kyoto, Bonn, Pittsburgh, Blair Atholl, Jenolan Caves, Mohonk and Autrans. The workshop will be held in the Plug and Play Center in Sunnyvale, California, a short distance from San Fransisco.

The format of the workshop will be similar to previous years, with plenary sessions of talks and poster sessions as well as a panel discussion including academia and industry. The ISCA speech synthesis workshops are intended as a premier venue for presentation and discussion of the latest advances in speech synthesis and discussion of future research.

For more  details and avail early registration, please visit http://ssw9.net

Alan W Black (Chair)
Kishore Prahallad
Peter Cahill
Antonio Bonafonte
Gopala Krishna Anumanchipalli

Best Regards:    Kishore Prahallad,
"If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?", SJ.