[hts-users:04442] Corrupt Synthesis for Chichewa Language

Dear All

I am using the HTS-demo_CMU-ARCTIC-SLT to train a model for my native language of Chichewa.  I don’t have full context labels so I have gone ahead with the monpophone labels I generated using forced alignment.  However, I’m getting the following error during my training:

x2x : warning: input data is over the range of type 'short’!

The resulting ‘synthesized’ file is corrupt and sounds like a continuous stream of noise.  Does anyone understand what the problem could be, and more importantly, how to solve it?

Regards

Jeremiah Chienda