[hts-users:04539] Re: Preparing data for HTS

Hi,

The utt are used as an input for festival to generate the labels. Therefore, you do not need festival if you have another way to generate the labels and the questions files.

What can be the other way of generating labels other than Festival?. I have corresponding text of recording in roman form like this

> NIILAM NAE SAALGIRAA PAR HAYDD SAYSMOOGIRAAF ASVAD_D QURAYSHII KAE MAAT_D_HAE PAR AYNTT_HAN OR 7AM KII AAT_DISHIIN RO MEHSUUS KII

and I have marked its phonetic boundaries like this

> ##N II L A M##N AE##S AA L G I R AA##P A R##H AY DD##S AY S M OO G I R AA F##A S V A D_D##Q U R AY SH II##K AE##M AA T_D_H AE##P A R##AY N TT_H A N##O R##7 A M##K II##AA T_D I SH IIN##R O##M E H S UU S##K II##<

 I have seen "lab_format.pdf" file in HTS demo but it has different format for every demo provided in HTS website.