[hts-users:04555] Reminder: Second Voice Conversion Challenge

Dear all,

Just a friendly reminder of the registration deadline of the second voice conversion challenge

- Oct 1st, 2017 release of training data (and registration deadline)

Regards,
Junichi

——
Dear all,

We warmly invite you to participate in the second Voice Conversion Challenge.

The purpose of this challenge is to compare different approaches for converting source speakers' voices into different target speakers' voices included in the common corpus provided by organizers and to deeply understand the current performance and remaining issues of the voice conversion technology. Naturalness and similarity scores of the converted speech will be evaluated via listening tests.

In this first challenge held in 2016, we focused on voice conversion strategies using a parallel corpus. In the second challenge, we will release a new database and protocols that allow participants to build their voice conversion systems based on parallel data and/or non-parallel data. We will provide baseline scripts for training GMM and DNN voice conversion systems. For more details including rules, please see http://vc-challenge.org/

The current schedule is as follows:
- Oct 1st, 2017 release of training data (and registration deadline)
- Dec 1st, 2017: release of evaluation data
- Dec 8th, 2017: deadline to submit the converted audio
- Jan 26, 2018: notification of results

Likewise the 1st challenge, there is no participation fee. Interested participants should do online registration of the information of your team at http://goo.gl/v7LQoe by Oct 1st, 2017.

Please freely contact us if you have questions.

Looking forward to hear from you.
Regards,

The Second Voice Conversion Challenge
Organizers
Junichi Yamagishi & Jaime Lorenzo-Trueba (National Institute of Informatics)
Tomoki Toda (Nagoya University)
Daisuke Saito (Tokyo University)
Fernando Villavicencio (Oben)
Tomi Kinnunen (University of Eastern Finland)
Zhenhua Ling (University of Science and Technology of China)

vcc2018@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.