[hts-users:04656] Re: Job: faculty position in Speech Technology at University of Edinburgh

CLOSING DATE for applications: 25th March 2019

Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Speech and Language Processing

We are looking for candidates who will undertake original research in an area of speech technology, offer courses in this area, contribute to our thriving Masters programme in Speech & Language Processing, and supervise and recruit PhD students.

The successful candidate will also make a leading contribution to the development of the multi-disciplinary Centre for Speech Technology Research (CSTR), which is concerned with research in all areas of speech technology including speech recognition, speech synthesis, speech signal processing, information access, multimodal interfaces and dialogue systems.

We expect that candidates will have a background in experimental methodology and quantitative analysis, and can teach these methods at a high level. We would welcome candidates who are able to teach Python programming at beginner to intermediate levels.

Full details and online application system: https://www.vacancies.ed.ac.uk/pls/corehrrecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.jobspec?p_id=046953

Vacancy Ref: : 046953

Informal enquiries can be made to Simon King simon.king@xxxxxxxx

--
Prof. Simon King
Director of the Centre for Speech Technology Research