[hts-users:00100] Re: Ask HTS - HTK

Hi Jesus,

Jesus Fernando Martinez wrote:

Questions:

1.  So that you used Perl and C not to make the Training.pl file?

Training.pl is a perl script and it calls HTS and SPTK.
HTK, HTS and most of SPTK are written in C.

2.  Advantages to do it in Perl and not in C?

Nothing.
C and Perl are used in Training.pl because I know and prefer them.

3.  This single file makes the part of training as its name indicates it,
or also makes the part of synthesis?

The last several parts of this training script (after creating unseen models) are doing speech synthesis.

4. If we designed for example the HHEd.c with a methodology Oriented to
Objetos (POO),  that is due to make to integrate it to HTS and HTK?

Sorry, I can't understand what you are talking about.
Please describe the detail.

Thank you very much.

Heiga Zen (Byung-Ha Chun)

  Heiga Zen     (in Japanese pronunciation)
  Byung-Ha Chun (in Korean pronunciation)

  Graduate School of Engineering
  Nagoya Institute of Technology
  Japan