[hts-users:00192] Re: diffrences between merge and cat

Thank you for your help, sangjin kim.

Now I have known the process how "HTS-demo" runs.

One of the results which "HTS-demo" generates is "HTS voices for festival", it is binary files for the "HTS_engine", and then, we can use festival as a text analyzer together with "HTS voices for festival" and hts_engine to systhsize speech.

But  I puzzle how festival works together with hts_engine.

I have read the "perl script" and found that hts_engine gets .lab files from /tmp/tmp.lab to systhsize speech.

when we use "festival" to input text from command line ,we will get real-time speech. My question is How does the festival trigger hts_engine to systhsiz speech after .lab files are generated from festival?

I have also read festival manul and found it systhsize speech through concatenating units,
but how does the hts_engine work with festival?

Maybe you can give some idea that through which scrip file or codes I can get the answer.

thank you
liulei
2006.1.9