[hts-users:00547] Re: help in SPTK(Now HMGenS)

--- "Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)" <zen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Mohammed Samir wrote:
>
> >> BTW, why do you want to use mlpg in SPTK?
> >> I think HMGenS in HTS-2.0 provides all functions
> >> which you need.
> >>
> > Currently I don't want to build a big project just
> > want to try synthysise 3 or 4 phonemes only
> because I
> > don't have suffcient data.
> > my plane was:
> > 1-training using HTK3.3 by (HCopY, HInit and
> HRest).
> > 2- produce pdf sequence from the traind HMM using
> > HMGenS.
> > 3-generate parameters from this pdf sequence by
> > mlpg(of SPTK) .
> > 4- use mlsadf (SPTK) to synthesise using generated
> > parameters.
> > is that possible?
>
> It is possible but even a small project, I do
> recommend you to use HMGenS
> because it supports small model set and much more
> flexible than mlpg in SPTK.
> Furthermore, mlpg in SPTK is not maintained for a
> long time.
>
> > this training (step 1) didn't include state
> durations,
> > How can I Add state durations in training to be
> fit
> > for HMGenS?
>
> So which version of HTS are you using?
> If you are using HTS-2.0, HRest can generate state
> duration pdf by specifying -g option.
> If you don't, use HTS-2.0.
>
> Regards,
>
> Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN)
>
> --
I follow your advice and HTS-2. has been installed
(Thank you). Now I have 5 utterance of 1 phoneme, I
have use HCopy to generate *.mfc files, then these
files introduced with proto file to HInit to initiate
HMM. Then I Used HRest with -g optin. Now I want to
produce sound file(wave or any signal) from this
output(  state duration pdf) can it be done using
HMGenS only? and How?

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html