[hts-users:00895] Re: and Nitech US BDL ARCTIC HTS...

Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:
В Птн, 26/10/2007 в 10:50 -0600, Jeff Ross пишет:
Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:

So now I'm working with straight text files.  This one causes the
festival server to crash repeatedly.  The error, as ktrace reveals
below, is too many open files.

Hm, it must be a bug, can you please describe the your system, is it
FreeBSD? What compiler are you using? What version of the festival are
you using, did you modify it for FreeBSD? Can you please also upload
full ktrace dump somewhere?

On Linux everything seems to work fine.

jross@slony:/tmp $ uname -a
OpenBSD slony.wykids.org 4.2 GENERIC#126 i386

jross@slony:/tmp $ gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-unknown-openbsd4.2/3.3.5/specs
Configured with:
Thread model: single
gcc version 3.3.5 (propolice)

jross@slony:/tmp $ festival -v
festival: Festival Speech Synthesis System: 1.95:beta July 2004

This version of festival was installed via the OpenBSD ports system.  A
few patches were applied to make it compile.  They appear to be more
path related than anything else.

I've tried building an unpatched standard version of 1.96 but it failed. The patches that make it work on OpenBSD don't apply cleanly to 1.96 so I'm working my way through them as time allows.

I gzipped -9 the full ktrace file and got it down to 36MB. You can download it from http://www.wykids.org/ppts/ktrace.txt.gz

I've tried a couple of times to get an Ubuntu installer iso downloaded but I always fail to get a good iso. A friend has one though. I'd also like to try Cepstral using the linux binary.

Thanks,

Jeff