[hts-users:01585] Re: GV causes clipping

This problem may indeed come from the dynamic range of the generated speech samples.

I had something similar, and noticed that, at least under Unix, when you cast an out-of-(short) range double to a short, it systematically gets -32768 as a value.

I did fix this by normalizing the sample values before casting them to shorts.

Hope that helps,

Geoffrey