[hts-users:01662] Re: ReadString: String too long

bereket kasaye wrote:
Hi,

I run the HTS-demo successfully. And then by changing the utterance file and raw data, it also works fine. But after I changed the question set for the language I using (Amharic language), it generates the following error
 Creating HMMset using trees to add unseen triphones
  ERROR [+5013]  ReadString: String too long
 FATAL ERROR - Terminating program /usr/local/HTS-2.0.1/bin/HHEd

what could be the possible solution for this?

Thank you!

Two things come to mind:

1) the HMM macro file has been byteswapped

2) your model names are too long, or include illegal characters, or something is wrong with the format of your full HMM list file

I don't recall the maximum length on a model name - I think it used to be rather short in plain HTK, but this has been fixed (at least in HTS). You can find the macro defining this maximum length in the source code and simply increase its value. Or, maybe you should use HTS 2.1 instead of 2.0.1?

Simon

--
www.cstr.ed.ac.uk

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.