[hts-users:01841] Where to start with HTS

Hi all,
I wonder where to start to try running HTS to synthesis speech, and do I need HTK if I am dealing with hts_engine or only Festival. Another thing is there a demo same like chpater 3 in htk book showing an exmaple running hts_engine knowing that I am working on a new language and prepared my speech database.
 Thanks in Advnce
M. Abdou