[hts-users:03865] Re: MLPG Matlab

Hi David,

I have a python implementation. I realize that probably doesn't help you! But I thought I'd mention it in case others were interested.

I have previously released a banded matrix library called bandmat which lets you manipulate banded matrices in a simple way. It's available on the python package index at:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/bandmat

Given a banded matrix library, writing an implementation of maximum probability parameter generation is fairly simple. I've added this to the examples of usage for bandmat. See "example_spg.py" in the github repo:

https://github.com/MattShannon/bandmat

The implementation of the algorithm is only about 28 (non-comment) lines long but is very fast since the heavy lifting is done in general purpose C and Fortran code in bandmat and scipy.

Thanks,

Matt