[hts-users:04011] Re: HMM parameters vs quality

Thanks for the the pointer, Matt.

Karthik

On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 11:01 AM, Matt Shannon <sms46@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Karthik,

I have previously investigated the change in TSLP (test set log
probability) and MCD (mel cepstral distance) for different numbers of
states and MDL clustering thresholds for the autoregressive HMM:

> http://mi.eng.cam.ac.uk/~sms46/papers/shannon2013autoregressive.pdf

but not for the standard HMM synthesis framework, I'm afraid.  I can say
that for the standard HMM synthesis framework, using an MDL clustering
threshold lower than the default value of 1.0 gives a better MCD score.

Thanks,

Matt