[hts-users:00699] Re: hts_engine: Phoneme Symbols

Hi

Heiga ZEN (Byung Ha CHUN) wrote :
we had problems with @ too, moreover the "~" (tilde) (which is SAMPA symbol for nasalized phonemes) also causes problems and it looks like you cannot use numbers (e.g. 2 and 9 are X-SAMPA symbols in french but we couldn't use them as well)

Is this a bug of hts_engine or Linux/Windows file system restriction?
I think "~" is prepared to represent home directory on Linux.
As far as I can remember, it was on a Linux but it was at the very beginning of the *training* part, when all the phonemes are listed by HTK from lab files, it wasn't detecting "@", "a~", "e~", "o~", "2", "9" and "9~" as phonemes. Therefore we simply changed the phoneme alphabet and everything worked fine.

We didn't actually try to find why all of this was happening, neither did we try to use those unrecognized phonemes with hts_engine.

Alexis