[hts-users:01040] Re: whispering male voices ...

Antonio Bonafonte wrote:

Dear all,

We have created several hts voices. And the male
voices, sound 'whispering'. I have changed the -u parameter
in hts_engine, and in some cases it improves a little .. but not enough.

I have checked just a few  .lf0 files and they seem ok.
(But maybe we should check more files).
Hi Antonio,

yes - check more F0 files. I had a similar problem and it was due to the pitch tracker incorrectly marking too many voiced sections as unvoiced in the training data. As a result, the trained model tended to generate unvoiced frames, leading to a hoarse or whispered voice.

Try tweaking your pitch tracker, or use a different one.

Simon