[hts-users:02341] Re: Questions about brazilian demo

> Hi,
>
> I've generated manually "full" and "mono" files, using an utt file, to
> see how it works.
> Yes, i've saw time information that you told me. When i ask you, i was
> thinking that it may be part of string, and now i see that its a
> output of dumpfeats.
> The problem is in brazilian demo, cause it generate the "full" files
> using a perl script, and it does not extract time information, only
> generate the string.
>
> Now i've a big problem, i'll take a look in how can i use dumpfeats to
> get this time information without the utts in this other (that i
> believe is the standard) format, cause brazilian is so different.
>
> Thanks a lot, Nicholas,
> Regards,

If you don't have a proper segmentation for your speech data you could use
ehmm tool (part the Festvox package). Or calculate the wave length
and use proportional lengths for phonemes. HTS internally will re-estimate
the segment durations anyway so the quality of the original segmentation
need not to be 100%.

br,
  Nicholas